(Sense | Android 2.2 (Froyo) | Stable DATA2SD | Any ext | Official 2.29.405 WWE | Stock rooted Desire Rom | Multilanguage )
Visit the StarBurst MiniSite for Complete installation instructions, latest updates, More resources, FAQs and Quick answers to your questions. Link is here.
Partition Required: FAT32 followed by one ext2/ext3/ext4 partition
Base Software: 2.29.405 WWE
Standard (with third party apps and few customizations like additional keyboards.
Lite (Completely Stock, with updated system applications and features like VPN support etc)
The main feature of this pure HTC Sense Rom is the stable Data2SD that is built in
In case you didnt already know, the Desire's Internal memory is severely limited (A maximum of 147 MB. Within no time, you will be asked to remove your favoite apps to clear space. Earlier implementations like A2SD, App2SD+ are all imperfect, and everything will never be moved. Even MTD partitions are limited.
With Data2SD, you decide the amount of Internal memory you want!
As a side effect, you get faster I/O too, since Sd is faster than Nand. the real world performance depends on the Class of your card. The faster the better!
This rom is based on Sibere’s Data2sd scripts, which with the latest ext4 based script, is arguably one of the best of the lot. Other than this, the Rom has been kept stock, with the base rom 2.29.405.5. It is for those who want the HTC Sense Rom, but are tired of the low disk space warnings thrown at them! Of course, important mods like the Restart menu, Supercircle battery mod (@UOT) etc are available.
Contrary to prior Data2SD scripts which were infamous for their boot loops and force closes, this latest script has been rigorously tested and developed into a stable product by Sibere. To date, I havent had a single force close or boot loop yet on this Data2SD configuration
I know there are a lot of Stock rooted roms out there, but this one supports Data2Sd best, mostly because it’s been built for the sole purpose of giving a problem free Data2sd experience.
* HTC Official FroYo Sense 2.2 FR91
* Based on the latest HTC RUU 2.29.405.5
* StarBurst is fully compatible with the latest version of Clockworkmod Recovery (Edify)
* Init.d scripts supported
* Fully Deodexed
* Latest Busybox-1.18
* Kernel firstname.lastname@example.org @snq-
* Optional O/C max frequency @1190mhz (using setCPU)
* Default governor & frequency - "Smartass" @245-998mhz
* Available CPU Governors - interactive, conservative, powersave, ondemand, performance & smartass!
* Interface to query/set cpu supply voltages for every frequency
* Increased read ahead buffer size to improve SD R/W performance("sdfix")
* Improved 2D & 3D Graphics performance ("GPU+")
* /data/app/ support
* EXT 4 for Data2SD
* Data2SD using the extremely stable latest Sibere Data2sd scripts (From personal experience, this appears to be the stablest Data2sd experience for Desire. The emphasis is on Stability and storage, rather than Quadrant scores. This Rom is indeed faster than the stock Sense experience though)
* Quadrant Benchmarks of an average of 1700 with Class 4 MicroSD (It improves with the class of your card).
* Fully De-odexed (For best modding experience)
* Zipaligned to improve RAM performance
* Nano command-line text editor support
* Bash command shell support
* Video Capture, 720p
* New superuser permissions 2.3.5 @ChainsDD
* Removed the annoying HTC Boot sound
* Themed icons (modpack) included with the Supercirclebatterymod
* Helicopter view Homescreen Rearrange option
* Most extensive Access point lists (APNs)
* Most extensive language and locale support
* Trackball Wake
* Data2SD safe 3-in-one Reboot menu (modified from snq)
* VPN Support (tun.ko)
* Additional Keyboards-idrops and Android keyboard
* Android Market Update 2.2.11
* Adfree added, fixed and updated
* Latest Adfree hosts added ****
* Gmail 2.3.2
* Google Maps 5.1.0 ** update **
* Facebook for Android 1.5.0
* Gmail Unread Count Widget
* Sms Unread Count Widget
* Astro File manager
* Adobe Flash Player 10.1.106.15
* Youtube ** update **
* Massive APN List
* Massive Locale list
* Patches integrated (Reboot menu and other minor updates)
* Google Mail changed to Gmail
* My Backup Root 2.6.3**** App Updated ****
* Titanium Backup 3.6.8 **** App Updated ****
* Rom Manager 188.8.131.52 **** App Updated ****
* Quick App Remover
* XDA Forum App
* Locale/Language support includes:
o English (US, UK, India, Australia, China, Denmark, France, Spain, Italy, Greece, Switzerland, Netherlands, Portugal, Russia, Norway, Finland, Czech Republic, Poland, Romania, Hungary, Slovakia, South Africa, Israel, Latvia, Estonia, Lithuania, Ukraine)
o French (France, Germany, Austria, Chile, Spain, Britain, Netherlands, South Africa, Italy, Israel)
o Norwegian Bokmål
o Chinese (China, HongKong, Taiwan)
[This performance was measured on my Class 4 3CPro card. With a faster class card, you should get better performance)
Requirements and Installation Instructions: Please read the Instructions very carefully from the minisite before proceeding! Please do not ask questions which have already been answered in the minisite!
1. Sibere for the Data2SD
2. Kenny@heylisten.org and Grdlock for the hosting
3. Firerat for teaching me basics of the update-script which paved the way for development of the flashable zip for Data2SD
4. Neophyte/Leedroid/snq for the current Kernel; RichardTrip for the previous Kernel(s);
5. dsixda for the Android Kitchen
6. Alex-V for patiently answering my every question on Rom development.
7. Mendozinas and The UOT Kitchen for adding support for this Rom from the first day it was released!
8. Ownhere for the patched libsqlite
A big thanks to the following people from XDA for the generous Donations received: