Waiting to enjoy the melting effect of project butter in Android 4.1.2?
People who dint get their OTA yet can do a custom flash of the official factory images released by Google. Tools required :
Galaxy Nexus toolkit (search in google)http://www.mediafire.com/?bfx8cfedh68uibn
(Source of toolkit : XDA Dev.)
Android 4.1.2 ("yakju" GSM- Variant ) factory image.https://developers.google.com/android/nexus/imagesThis will erase all your data on your phone. Be sure you backup everything before you proceed. And this tutorial is only for GSM Version yakju variant.
So lets start. (Assuming you have ADB and drivers installed in your PC
)Before starting, extract the factory image and navigate to "put_img_files_to_flash_here" folder in the directory where you have installed the Toolkit and put the "system.img" in that folder.
1) Open the Galaxy Nexus toolkit.
2) Connect your phone in fastboot mode. (Switch off > Vol Down + Vol Up + Power)
3) Select the model in the toolkit.
4) First you have to unlock your bootloader in order to apply the update. So choose "Lock/Unlock bootloader" in the toolkit. Follow the instructions in toolkit.. Your Nexus will prompt you to select an option choose "yes".
5) Now choose "Flash .img to the device " in the toolkit.
6) It'll show system.img
in the list of available files to flash. Choose Flash
in the 2nd menu .Type system.img an press enter.
7) Type yes.
8) Leave it aside for a minute.
9) Now disconnect your phone and reboot. (Usually it reboots twice .. so dont get tensed if it's booting twice.)
10) Voila! Your Samsung Galaxy Nexus is Updated to Android 4.1.2
Now enjoy the melting effect of project butter