If you want to use my flash guide on your site, Post a link to my site and a thank you to Darkforest Group!!!!
STOP! READ! AND THINK!
We are not affiliated with Samsung Electronics! We do not recommend that you attempt to flash a handset unless you are a certified technician.
Read the entire guide before you try and flash your phone! You MUST configure the computer to run the multi loader correctly!
These are the guides you need for all Samsung TouchWiz and TouchWiz 2 over Sammy OS phones.
Includes support for:
S8300 Tocco Lite
And many more!
Recently I have been receiving a lot of question from people who have never flashed there Qualcomm based Samsung phones before. So I am writing this guide as a first step for everyone who has run into problems or tiring to avoid them. There is no way to guarantee perfection on the first flash attempt but this should get you close! Just remember, This is for experimental use only, Flash At Your Own Risk!!!! You can not back up your original firmware, so you will loose any applications install by your provider.
———————————Lets get started!———————————
SIM LOCK or NETWORK LOCK
The first thing to check is that your phone does not have sim lock! If it does, you MUST take your phone to a shop that can remove it. It is not expensive but MUST be done first or you will FREEZE your phone. If you freeze your phone it will cost you, even more, to get it fixed! Just type *#7465625# and look for Sim Lock and make sure it says OFF. You can get unlock codes here: Unlock
If you have network lock on, there is a 50% chance the flash could brick your phone. It is up to you to try it but we recommend that you have all locks removed before you flash.
——————Download the files you need———————–
Here you must download the essentials. First download Samsung’s New PC Studio This contains the drivers you for the computer to recognize the phone in download mode. When you download go ahead and install it, when it is finished restart the computer and plug up your phone. If NPS dose not start on its own it OK just start it by clicking the icon. When it comes up it should recognize your phone, IF IT DOSE NOT unplug the phone and set it for “mass storage” then try it again and should work. Next download the Multiloader it is the software you will use to flash your phone. Last, download the firmware you want. The firmware is posted on my forum for various models or if you are a Premium member PM me to set you up for the File locker (High speed downloads and newest firmware). Once the firmware is downloaded then unzip it to a location you can easily find it on your computer.
The next step is very important! On your computer, got to start and type “msconfig” (no quotes) in the search box, it will open the windows config page. Click on the tab that says “Start up” and uncheck ALL the boxes. Click “ok” and restart the computer.
NOTE You must reverse the msconfig process after you have finished your flash!
Prepare Your Phone
Back up every thing you don’t want to loose! Every thing! Even phone numbers and pictures! So many people have failed to do this and there is no way to recover it! After you back up do a Hard Reset on your phone. Type *2767*3855# and wait for the phone to restart. After it restarts, let it sit about 3 min before proceeding.
Before you connect the phone to the computer, turn it off and put in download mode. Depending on your phone this can be done in several different ways, so refer to the flash guide for this step.
Now you are ready for the flash guide!
If you have any problems, post it in the forum under the proper model.
Step 1 You must follow this step!!!
————————Set Up Your Computer—————————————————-
1. Install NPS on your computer and make sure it will communicate with your phone.
2. Disconnect your phone and Close NPS.
3. Click “Start” or the Windows logo on the bottom left of your computer screen and click in the search/run box and type msconfig.
4. Select the tab marked “Start Up” and click “disable all” and click ok.
5. Restart the computer and you are ready to flash.
DO NOT! run NPS again until you have successfully flashed your phone! After you have successfully flashed your phone, you must reset the Windows setting back to there original and restart your computer.
——————Now continue with the flash————————————————
Make sure your phone does not have sim lock or net lock before you try and flash. Type *#7465625# and make sure the SIMLOCK and NETWORK LOCK is OFF, if it is ON you MUST Unlock it or you will freeze your phone! Here is a fast and trusted way! Network lock is not as big of
The first thing to always remember is BACK UP YOUR PHONE, Pictures, wallpapers, music, and any contacts you have saved on your phone. I am not responsible for any damage to you, your phone, computer, or
USE AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!
What you will need:
2. New Samsung NPS
Install this software first, it contains the drivers for your phone, and has every thing you need for backup.
3. MultiLoader_V5.56 or Newer
4. New firmware
—————————–Now you are ready to begin———————————–
1. Make sure Samsung PC Studio is installed and communicates with your phone. And unpack the firmware in a folder you can easily find it.
2. Remove the Sim and MicroSD from your phone and replace the battery.
3. MAKE SURE THE PHONE IS OFF AND NOT CONNECTED TO THE COMPUTER.
4a. Touch Screen user: Hold down the “Volume -” button on the left or right side differs, and the “Camera” button on the right, then press the “Power” button = all three buttons need to be pressed together. Your phone should start up into a redblue on black download screen.)
4b. For NON-Touch and Slider phone users: While holding the no. 9 buttons on the phone’s keypad, tap the power button, the phone screen will come on black with a red stripe that says “Download”
5. Now run MultiLoader v5.56
6. Plug the phone up to the computer.
1. Select the radio button Example: U900/Pixon/Tocco/S8300= MSM6275/MSM6280, FOR S5230= BRC2133, FOR JET= LSI6410
2. Select Boot Change
3. Full Download
4. Master rom
5. Then click Boot, and select the boot files from the unpacked firmware folder.
6. Amss *If this file is not available in your firmware, do not worry, it is not needed in all models.
7. APPS *If this file is not available in your firmware, do not worry, it is not needed in all models.
9. Rsrc2(Low) (Warning! Do not use Rsrc2 (Mid) your phone may not restart!!!)
10. Select the Factory FS file.
***FOTA and ETC fields are left blank.****
11. Click the Port Search button, it will find your phone and show the com port is ready.
12. Click the download button and be patient, this will only take a few minutes to complete.
13. When it’s finished, it will show “ok complete”.
*** NOTE Some models may not automatically restart, if yours does not, take out the battery a few seconds then reinsert it. NOTE ***
14. Unplug the phone from the USB cable, reinstall the sim and SD card.
15. Now with every thing is complete, You can perform a hard reset by typing *2767*3855# into the hand set (but not necessary.)
16. When the phone resets type *#1234# into your handset to check your new firmware ver.
If your phone fails the flash for any reason, DO NOT TRY AND RESTART IT!!!!! Restart the computer and try the flash again! YES YOU MUST RESTART THE COMPUTER AND FOLLOW MY GUIDE CLOSE!